Hospital Accident Plan
Cash Benefits Paid Directly to You!
Welcome Bank of Hawaii customers!
You are eligible for the Hospital Accident Insurance Plan at low group rates. Supplement any health insurance plan you may have to ensure you have adequate coverage. Benefits are paid to you personally and you automatically qualify for coverage.
- No Medical Questions or Exam Required – you won’t be asked any health questions or asked to complete a medical exam.
- There are no restrictions on the Hospitals you can use – the coverage follows you everywhere – receive coverage at competitive group rates.
- 60-day Review Period – if you are not completely satisfied for any reason, simply call for a complete refund of your premium.1
- Plan pays $900 per day for each day of hospitalization - up to 365 days for any one injury.
- Hospital benefit is doubled to $1,800 for each day in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - up to 365 days.
- Pays $450 for Hospital Emergency Room as an outpatient visit within 72 hours of accident.
- Family Coverage available - for Spouse/Domestic Partner and/or Dependent Children at a percentage of your selected coverage amount. See Summary of Coverage for details.
- Insured and Spouse/Domestic Partner - Age 18 or older for residents of U.S, Palau and Saipan.
- Dependent Children - under 19, or between the ages of 19 and 25 if enrolled in accredited institution of higher learning.
- No termination age - however, Hospital benefits (in-hospital only) reduce to 50% at age 65 and reduce to 25% at age 75; Emergency Room benefits stay the same.
- Coverage limited to one Insurance Policy (for identical benefits) per insured.
Did You Know?
- 44% of Americans don’t have enough cash to cover a $400 emergency. Source: Pascaralla, Dani. “4 Stats That Reveal How Badly America Is Failing At Financial Literacy.” 2018, Forbes.com
- In 2018, there were an estimated 25,908,332 injuries causing Emergency Department visits. Source: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS), 2018)
- Number of emergency department visits resulting in hospital admission = 14.5 million Source: National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2017 Emergency Department Summary Tables, table 1, 4, 14, 24, 25
If you are not happy with the insurance for any reason, and you have not submitted a claim that has been or will be paid, simply contact us within the first 60 days of enrollment for a complete refund of your premium and the coverage will be cancelled back to its effective date.
The Family Coverage protects your Spouse/Domestic Partner and/or Dependent Children at a percentage of your selected coverage amount as described in the enclosed Summary of Coverage.
Security has never been this simple!
Hospital Accident Insurance Plan.
Sign up today.
Call the Insurance Service Center at
Mon-Th, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
Fri, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m EST